You may still wonder if you should try a keto diet to lose weight. Don’t worry. You have come to the right place. Keep on reading, and you will know for sure whether it is suitable for you
Nowadays, the Keto diet is one of the most popular dieting methods to lose weight as well as eliminate the risks of other diseases. Whereas traditional low-fat diets are recommended to lose weight, it is shown that keto is a far more exceptional approach.
There are plenty of reasons why keto is more effective than other low-fat diets, one of which is high in protein intake. In this article, I will discuss what keto is, how it can impact on efficient weight loss. Lastly, I will introduce to you the ultimate tool to begin with keto.
What is Keto?
A ketogenic or keto diet is a low in carbs, high in fats diet that effectively stimulates the fat-burning process in your body. It happens when your body does not have enough carbohydrates level, which forces it to burn stored fat instead of glucose for energy. The process is the ketosis stage, a regular metabolic activity of your body. To allow ketosis to occur, carbs intake should only be within the limit range to push your body to generate energy from fats.
Types of Keto Diets
- Classic Keto: This is the most restrictive keto format, which demands a 4:1 ratio of fats to carbs or proteins. Following this regimen, you need to weigh your food to make sure that your diet consists of 90% fat.
- Modified Keto: The modified keto is a good alternative for keto beginners because it is not as intense as the classic version. Or, if you have completed your traditional keto, you can switch to the modified version for a more stable and durable eating system.
- MCT (Medium Chain Triglycerides): This version has a higher protein and carbs intake than the classic version. Coconut oil, palm kernel oil, and other dairy products consist of MCT fats, which can use to produce MCT oil. It is proved that MCT oil can be incorporated into a diet plan without affecting the metabolic system.
- Modified Atkins: In this keto version, carbs are limited while fats are consumed at a high level, and no protein is allowed. While consuming carbs in this method, fats should be incorporated along.
- Intermittent Fasting: This dieting technique pushes the body to enter ketosis by reducing the time that you eat throughout the day. For example, you can eat during an 8-hour window time of the day, and the remaining 16 hours, you need to let yourself hungry. This process will force the body to use fat to generate energy.
The classic and high-protein keto diets have been extensively researched and highly recommended by professionals and experts. Bodybuilders and athletes mostly implement other advanced keto versions.
How does Keto Impact Weight Loss?
Keto diet not only can help you lose weight but, more importantly, make positive changes to your health. This high-fat, low-carb technique is exceptionally favorable by everyone recently, creating the entire keto community.
Despite calorie restriction, keto allows you to lose weight by putting your body into ketosis stage. When your carbs level at the minimum level, your body creates ketones for energy. Your liver produces ketones by using fatty acids from your foods or body fats. Meaning, your liver is burning fat to produce ketones.
While your body uses fats as an energy source, you are steadily losing weight. You may wonder if keto can help your stubborn belly fat problem? Belly fat is one of the top priority concerns for most people. The fat in your belly is visceral fat, which is an alarming fat type, rooted deep inside your tummy. In fact, heart disease and type 2 diabetes have an association with visceral fat.
Scientifically, you cannot select which area in your body to reduce fat. Your body will decide it for you where the weight loss will take place. However, keto can be helpful in eliminating such stubborn fat. Visceral fat is a result of genes and high refined carbs and sugar diet. It can be easily inflamed, which makes it incredibly persistent to reduce.
With a well-designed keto diet plan, it has powerful anti-inflammatory effects that quickly reduce visceral fats.
Nevertheless, keto alone is not enough to lose excessive amounts of fats. It can be more efficient when combined with High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) exercises. Still, always double-check with your doctor or nutritionist when trying out a new diet or exercise plan.
Another interesting point that makes the keto diet different from others is that keto will not make you feel hungry. You can eat your meal within the calorie limit range, yet you will feel satisfied and energetic.
Other Benefits of Keto
Initially, doctors used the keto diet to treat neurological diseases. Over the last ten years, keto diets prove that it can offer many other health benefits to our bodies:
- Heart disease: The keto diet can boost your cholesterol level, lower blood sugar, and reduce body fat. These are the common risk factors for heart disease.
- Cancer: Keto is currently applied for cancer treatment to slow down the development rate of tumors.
- Alzheimer’s disease: There are ongoing researches shown that keto can reduce the symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease and delay its progress.
- Epilepsy: Keto diet can decrease the number of seizures with children who have epileptic.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome: Your insulin level decreases when adopting the keto diet plan. Low insulin level has a vital role in curing polycystic ovary syndrome.
- Brain injuries: There are studies proven that keto can support in the recovery process of traumatic brain injury or concussion.
- Acne: It is no doubt that eating less sugar and packaged foods can reduce acne and breakouts.
- Diabetes: Keto can improve your insulin sensitivity together with weight loss. There are fundamental advantages to Type 2 diabetes patients.
Side effects of Keto
Although keto diets are safe for most people, there are some side effects when changing to a new eating system. This body adjustment is the ‘keto flu’, typically lasts for a few days.
The keto flu symptoms are hunger, fatigue, sleep disturbances, or digestive problems. It is common that people may feel sick for the first few days while adopting keto diet.
To avoid these side effects, you can slowly make your way into keto. For example, before entering into keto directly, you can try a more traditional low-carb diet first for some time, then change to keto completely. This transition trains your body to burn fat as energy before you thoroughly remove carbs.
Besides, the keto diet can change your mineral balance and water level. It is good to include more salt into your food or take mineral supplements to recover your body’s healthy balance.
It is essential that at the beginning of your keto journey, you should not restrict your calorie intake too much, and your body should feel full. The principle of keto to weight loss is not deliberately to control calorie intake.
With the appropriate supplements and good dietary system, keto’s side effects can easily decrease to minimal levels. If you are new to keto, it is probably best to follow a professional keto diet plan that aligns with your conditions to avoid dangerous effects. You can either consult with your doctor or nutritionist. Or to make it easier and more affordable, you can try the Custom Keto Diet, created by Rachel Roberts, a well-known fitness and dietitian expert.
Begin with Keto Diet to Lose Weight – Custom Keto Diet
Unlike other keto diets, Custom Keto Diet does not assume one specific meal plan works for everyone. The author believes that you can achieve weight loss more effectively when the meal plan aligns with your preferences, habits, lifestyle, and weight goal.
In fact, before providing you with the customized 8-week keto diet plan, you need to answer a list of questions about your personal preferences. After that, you will receive a detailed meal plan that comes with recipes and grocery shopping lists. What’s more, you don’t need to cut out your favorite foods. The goal here is to make your weight loss experience more sustainable and pleasurable.
If you are interested in the program, you can check my full Custom Keto Diet review to understand more about the program, its advantages, and how it can help you lose weight effortlessly.
By now, you should have a clear understanding of keto and its beneficial effects on your body. I believe that keto is the most effective and advanced diet method. Not only does it help you lose weight, but it also has other health benefits, including improving heart condition and overall body health. However, to avoid common side effects when implementing the keto diet, you should choose a well-designed keto diet plan by professionals and experts in the industry. The Custom Keto Diet is a useful guide for keto beginners to prevent unwanted and dangerous mistakes.
Thank you for reading. Please like and share this article with your friends and family.
- Custom Keto Diet Review: Can Rachel Roberts Help You Lose Weight?
- How To Start A Keto Diet For Weight Loss? – All You Need To Know
- What To Eat on Keto Diet – The Ultimate Guide
- How To Lose Weight With Keto Fast And 9 Mistakes To Avoid
Leave a Reply